Voting

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Little Isaiah

He was born April 17th 2006, 19 1/2 inches and 6 lbs 4oz. Labor was induced because there was not enough amniotic fluid for him to survive so it was time for him to come out. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. I went in for a normal Dr.'s appointment but since I had been measuring smaller for a while the Dr decided to send me to the hospital to have an ultrasound done. Skye almost didn't come with me to that one ultrasound but I convinced him to ditch work and come with me anyway. We had no clue, we thought we were just going in for a normal ultrasound and that we would go home soon after. I was planning on going home to get ready for the big day which I was not expecting for another 10 days. when we got to the hospital I had the ultrasound done, the tech got up and left the room for a second and called my Dr. then we heard her yell from the other room "today is your lucky day!" my heart stopped, Skye and I looked at each other and didn't know what to say. the tech came back in and said "Your room is ready right now, you are having a baby today, they will induce labor." I was so scared, I asked her if I could go home first to get my stuff ready, but she said I was not going anywhere.

They induced labor and a few hours went by my mom had convinced me to tough it out for as long as possible and not get the epidural, when I finally wouldn't take it anymore my nurse was nowhere to be found I found out later that she was at a C-section for someone else so Skye had to go out and chase people around to get me the epidural. labor was a piece of cake after that. 1 hour later I was ready to push and Isaiah was finally here. ;) I didn't feel a thing so I was able to enjoy the moment. I was only in labor for 6 hours. it's really a long story so I think I will stop here I tried to make it as short as possible, so I hope you had fun reading.

0 comments: